Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yummy in my Tummy





Hi Kids,



I told you about visiting the Blue Bell factory in my postcard but I thought you might like to see some pictures. The second one is me in front of one of the windows that looks down over the factory floor. Most of the tour for the public is on these contained walk-ways.


We (my travel writer friends and I) got to go down on the factory floor. Miss Elaine and all the writers had to wear hairnets. I guess they didn't have one big enough for me! I don't think I am shedding so I don't think I got any bear hair in the ice cream!


The next picture is part of the production line. The empty containers come in on the left. The ice cream comes down that white pipe. You can see the cartons with ice cream in them. See the row of lids on the right? As the ice cream carton goes by, a lid falls down and gets pressed onto it. The cartons are then packed into boxes and taken to one of the freezer rooms.






At the end of the tour, we got to have some ice cream. Miss Elaine chose Pralines and Cream. She ate most of it herself but left a little bit for me. I wanted to put the picture of me with the ice cream here but Miss Elaine is having problems with her computer!

No comments: