Sunday, December 28, 2008

Teddy O'Bear

Mary Hendron is a friend of Miss Elaine's. She lives in St. Louis, Missouri, but her husband is from Ireland. I was really excited when she invited me to go to Ireland with her. Here are some pictures from my trip.
This is me at the Donegal Town Visitor Centre. Did you notice they don't spell "centre" like we do? They also spell "theater" "theatre." They've been spelling these words longer than we have, so you can't say they're spelling them wrong. You can just say we spell them differently!Ernan McBettigan is the mayor of Donegal Town. He also owns McGettigan's Butcher Shop there.This is Donegal Castle. It was built over 500 years ago. A town grew up around the castle so now it stands in the center of Donegal Town.We flew out of Dublin and I got to visit with the nice ladies at the airport information centre.
I liked Ireland and meeting Mary's husband's family but it rained a lot more than it does here. My fur started to smell funny!

No comments: