Thursday, October 17, 2019

Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi Kids,
     Here I am in Copenhagen, the capital of the country of Denmark. I loved this city so much, I had to write THREE posts about it!  See the little figure on the rock behind me? That's the Little Mermaid. People come from all over the world to see this little statue.
     I took this picture from a boat. She always looks out toward the sea. You probably know her story from the Disney movie. But her story was written long ago by this man:
     This is a statue of Hans Christian Anderson. He wrote many stories. Maybe you know the story of the Ugly Duckling. He wrote that, too. When Miss Elaine was little, there was a movie about him. One of the best songs in that movie was "Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen." And that song is right.
     There is a lot of water in and around the city. One of the best ways to see things is by boat. 
     There are many beautiful buildings in Copenhagen. Behind the yellow building, you can see the spire of Our Savior's Church. The church is over 300 years old. That's older than the United States! I think it's really cool the way the spire is twisted. You can climb to the top of the tower. I'll bet the view is really good. We didn't go up all those stairs because Miss Elaine said she would get too tired of carrying me. There are 398 stairs. I don't think she could have climbed all those stairs even without carrying me!
     A lot of the old buildings in Copenhagen are painted bright colors. The buildings here are over 300 years old, too. But this area is called New Harbor. That's not very new!
     I took this picture from a boat, too. Do you see the round-topped building? This is the Royal Palace where the King and Queen of Denmark live. I think they are lucky to live in Copenhagen. 
     In my next post, I'll tell you about another castle. And in the third post, I'll show you pictures of a beautiful park right in the middle of the city.
     I hope you have time to scroll down and see more of my visit to Copenhagen.
Your friend,
Fuzzy
P.S. (Did you know that's short for "postscriptum," which is Latin for "written after. You use it when you want to add a note after you thought you were finished.) My postscript: look at the next two posts for more of my trip to Copenhagen!

No comments: