Saturday, April 6, 2019

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


Hi Kids,
Miss Elaine and I just traveled to Cincinnati, Ohio. Can you find Ohio on a map? On our trips we get to see lots of different things. One day we went to the ballpark where the Cincinnati Reds baseball team plays. I love baseball.

We didn't get to see a game, but we did get to tour the stadium and the museum.  Here's a peek inside the stadium. The Reds were practicing before their night game.
Do you see the tall things across the field? These are the lights for night games. Because of their shape, they are called toothbrush-style lights.

After we looked at the stadium, we toured the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. One of the Reds best players was Johnny Bench. Johnny Bench is from Oklahoma. He's retired now, but when he was playing, he was the catcher for the team. He is one of the best players of all time. Here is me with the statue of Johnny.
Johnny's nickname was "Hands." His hands are so big, he can hold seven baseballs in them. 

The museum has all sorts of exhibits -- from uniforms and items from players to this exhibit about how baseballs have changed over the years. In the front of the picture, you can see what's inside a baseball.
My favorite thing was getting my picture taken for my own baseball card.
In the Hall of Fame section, there are exhibits and videos of the best Reds players.
I had a really good time at the museum. And I was really lucky because during this trip I got to meet two of the Reds' mascots, Mr. Redlegs and Rosie Red.
What a fun trip! And there's lots more to do in Cincinnati. In my next letter, you'll meet the most famous animal in Cincinnati. I'll write soon.
Love,
Fuzzy

No comments: