Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

Hi Kids,
Me again -- this time showing you pictures from my trip to Shreveport, Louisiana, for Mardi Gras. In the picture above I'm posing with some Mardi Gras items at Tubbs Hardware -- it's the Mardi Gras headquarters in Shreveport.

As you can tell, they have LOTS of beads and other Mardi Gras things.

We got to sample three different King Cakes. If you look carefully at the one on the top left, you'll see the baby. Usually it's baked inside the cake -- but I guess this baker was afraid someone would swallow it!


The night before the parade, we went to the loading party. That's when everybody hangs their beads on pegs on the floats so they'll be easy to grab and throw during the parade. There were some really big floats. The theme of this parade was "Bad Boys." I don't think Captain Jack Sparrow is so bad!


Here I am trying to catch beads (they're also called "throws") -- it's not easy when you're my size.


This is Aiden Sanchez. He's in second grade in Louisiana. He stood next to me at the parade and even gave me some of his beads.

This is me at the hotel modelling all my beads. They were really heavy! I'm glad to don't have to wear them every day.

That's it for Mardi Gras!

Love,

Batman































No comments: