Friday, May 1, 2009

Goin' to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

Miss Elaine and I went to Knoxville, Tennessee, last week and we had a great time. We took a cruise down the Tennessee River and I got to help drive the boat.

Tennessee makes a big deal about black bears and there are statues everywhere. I posed when I could.


My favorite thing was going to the zoo. The Knoxville Zoo is famous for its red panda program. Red pandas and giant pandas aren't very closely related. Red pandas were discovered first then when giant pandas were discovered, someone must have thought they look alike. Hmmmm, frankly, I don't see it.


I also got to get close to the giraffes. They were very nice. Fortunately, they like to eat bamboo, not small bears!
Miss Elaine and I are going to be on the road again soon. I will try to send you some cards -- but it takes so long for mail to get here from England that I may be home before you get my cards! See you soon.
Love,
Teddy

No comments: